Feb 27, 2011

Finally finished!
After months of slowly working my way through Caleb Carr's The Angel Of Darkness, I've breezed through the last few chapters tonight. I couldn't be happier with the ending, which, as I've come to expect from Caleb Carr, was as dramatic and exciting as I'd expected.
This historical thriller takes place in New York during the late 19th century and brings the usual cast from the 'Alienist' back together to find a Spanish diplomat's missing baby. What they discover is a brutal killer, methodically murdering children while evading arrest with cunning charm and devious plans.
I HIGHLY recommend this book. Regardless of what genre you usually read, this story, cleverly narrated by 13-year-old character Stevie Taggart, will instantly suck you in and leave you wanting more.

No comments: