Jan 10, 2010

Winter Blues


It is SO COLD!
Now, I know anyone who lives north of me probably has little sympathy, but it is FREEZING in south Florida! I mean, c'mon, that's why we all live here - the year-round warmth. They're predicting ice on the roads and possibly..... snow!?

All this is taking me back to my childhood when, at the age of eight, I saw "snow" for the first time. It was similar temperatures that year and my sister and I stayed up late one night with my father, waiting for it to get cold enough. Sure enough, we went outside and saw tiny snowflakes falling through the rays of the porchlight. However, it wasn't THAT cold, so the little flakes dissapated before they even reached our heads.


The first time I really encountered snow was in the mountains of Tennessee while we were moving to Kansas in the late winter. I was 18.
I might just stay up late tonight and see if there's any snow :)

1 comment:

fookaDESIGNS said...

Brrrr....stay warm! We have at least 10 inches still on the ground here in Kansas!