Sep 15, 2008

Silent Auction

Today's post is a bit sad but I thought it was worth passing on:

Silent Auction For Carol

please click on the above link and check out the story and items up for auction.
Here's a quick piece from the blog:

"Words from Scott:

Carol Decker, my wife, had an emergency cesarean section on June 10, 2008. After the surgery she developed life-threatening hypotension from a septic pneumonia infection. After fighting for several weeks, the medicine she was on to save her life had the unfortunate side effect of blocking blood flow to her legs, left arm and eyes.

Since then, Carol has had both legs below the knee amputated, her left arm amputated and she is blind."

1 comment:

Tia Colleen said...

Oh my gosh.

That is horrible. I can't imagine what thier family is going through. And now, because I'm pregnant and paranoid, I'm imaging that happening to me. I don't know what I'd do. Thank god shes still got her life, right? And what a beautiful little baby!