Feb 6, 2010

Bad Back Blues

Let me start by saying, "OUCH!"
Monday evening my back went out. It was probably a cumulative problem, originating with me ignoring doctor's warnings, followed by multiple attempts to contort my spine into odd positions, and topped off with my constant lifting heavy objects (because I apparently think I'm a she-hulk).

So, obviously, it came as a huge surprise to me when I started having severe back pain Monday night. Tuesday and Wednesday and even most of Thursday afternoon were spent lying in bed. Even better is the fact that all last week I was too busy to do any household cleaning had accumulated piles of laundry and chores a mile high by Monday.
Ah, well. On the bright side, I did get quite a bit of reading done, and breezed through a couple movies that had been sitting on the shelf for future movie nights.
Did I learn my lesson? Probably not. But I am more conscience of my posture, so that's something, right?

No comments: