Jun 24, 2008

Awwwwwwwww

George Carlin 1937 - 2008

It's like someone just told me Santa Claus has died.
I thought he would live forever.

A couple months ago Allen found an old Carlin record album over at Hospice. As I was waiting in line for the cashier one of the older gentlemen that volunteers saw my album and said, "Hey, George Carlin! You know, once when my daughter was in college, she went to one of his shows." Apparently afterwards they had a few drinks together and she explained that she was on her way out of town the next day. He suggested she share his private plane with him. So she did. And there was a bunch of debauchery on the plane.

So that's my George Carlin story.

Three cheers for you, sir.


"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck."

"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it."

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."

"Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that."

1 comment:

SciFlickChick said...

Yesterday, was the first time I actually youtubed him, he was pretty funny.