Jun 26, 2008

What to Do

My night job has been slowly but surely screwing with my body clock.
I used to wake up fairly early - between 7 and 8 am. Now that I've been staying late at work, I won't get sleepy until after midnight and won't wake up until 9 - 10am. And it's unacceptable!
Unfortunately for the alarm clock in my head, I have to keep the night job. However, I think part of my problem is I don't eat until I leave work at night. If I eat at 4pm and start my shift at 5pm, by 11pm when I get off my stomach is growling! I could, theoretically, request a short break around 8pm (if we're not busy) to sit down and have dinner, but I usually don't. Mostly because I feel uncomfortable eating alone, and I'm in such a hurry I don't have the time to sit and quietly enjoy the whole meal.
So, I don't know if there's really anything I can do about it, other than try to slowly re-train myself to wake up at a decent hour.

Now I'm so behind I'm trying to decide if I want to go into the shop and finish my custom sandals or make the most of my day at home and clean and do laundry and list online.

Hmm..... choices choices.

maybe some more coffee will help me decide.

No comments: