Feb 23, 2009

who watches...

....the Watchmen?
I am so happy this is finally coming to the big screen! It's been months of nervous hand-wringing and waiting, since the preview came out alongside the Dark Knight movie last fall. This looks to be quite possibly the best comic-turned-movie ever! My favorite thing about it is that what you see is taken straight from panels in the book.
Like this scene, where the comedian gets thrown out a window:Here's one with Archie (the flying ship), Nite Owl, and the Comedian:
And this one, with Ozymandias in front of his fortress televisions:
John's reappearance as Dr. Manhattan (in the cafeteria):
And Dr. Manhattan's glass structure he builds on Mars:
The Comedian (seen here, in a flashback from Vietnam) was one thing I was worried about. Someone so vile had to be true to character, and they really nailed him:If you like gore and action and superheroes with huge gaping flaws, you MUST see this movie!
And by all means, go out and buy the book, too!


2 comments:

Thats Pretty said...

I've been watching the moving comics in anticipation! I'm hoping it will be fantastic...

SleightGirl said...

I know my boyfriend is just going to love it!