Mar 14, 2008

More Jimmys and Marinas

So I've almost finished my new Jimmys. I still wanted to add a 1/4" heel and then the edges need to be finished, but all in all, they're looking good! I told you they were a little girly - Allen doesn't like the floral stripe. But I need to use the florals for something.
The only thing I don't like about this style is that it uses SO much leather due to the span of the pattern. Ah, well, they turn out nicely, though, don't they?I've also started a new pair of Marina sandals. They're made from fish skin I dyed silver and I'm pairing them with a dark blue leather. My pictures didn't turn out so great, but I really like the color combination. I have another pair I'm working on also, that's a white fish skin I dyed over yellow and gold. I'm still deciding on a mid sole color for that pair.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awesome you can make shoes. I can't believe how much talent people have!

TexasTesla said...

How cool! I have a coworker who wears nothing but slides...I'll be sure to share your site with her, she'd love some custom ones.